The Art gallery Antics

I woke up this morning wanting to do something cultural, and something that has caught my eye numerous times advertised throughout the city is the new art exhibit featuring Cai Guo-Qiang, 'Falling back to earth' art exhibit.

So after venturing through the city, and stopping for some essential Boost rehydration, we arrived at the Modern Art Gallery





When I entered the art gallery I was faced with numerous paintings and sculptures

Or in this case a silver vase


And elabriate paint work





I even found my self catching up on some much needed television 






After much anticipation I then finally came across this....


As soon as you stepped into the room what was put in front of you was exceptional 


 The contemporary art piece features 99 replicas of animals from around the world, gathered together to drink from a blue lake 
surrounded by pristine white sand, reminiscent of the lakes of Moreton Bay’s islands








We were then faced with a gigantic tree


This tree is meant to resemble the ancient trees of Lamington National Park in the Gold Coast hinterland







You are probably wondering why there are hundreds of wolves diving into a glass wall.....


I was to, in fact I still am..... 



However the art piece never failed to impress 




It was one of the art exhibit that silences those around you, as everyone takes in the gigantic and eccentric art collection before them 



Even the children were kept entertained 



It even allowed you to have a childish 5 minutes playing on stepping stones 





I would definitely recommend heading down to the modern art gallery in Brisbane city to see this amazing art collection




Labels: , , , , ,